Employment Opportunity At Tanzania Port Authorit
Employment/Job: Director General
Job SummaryThe Director General (DG) will be responsible for leading the transformation process of TPA to a world class port service provider through effective leadership with the aim of achieving the organizations objectives. The Director General will report to the Board, and will be responsible for proper administration and management of the functions and affairs of the Authority.
- Discharging obligations and responsibilities as Secretary and Management representative to the Board of Directors;
- Discharging responsibilities as Chief Executive Officer of the Authority;
- Developing strategic goals and make recommendations to the Board, and implementing the agreed strategies and directives of the Board;
- Formulating and issuing policies in line with the approved policy guidelines;
- Preparing and submitting annual revenue, expenditure, traffic forecast and capital budget and other reports to the Board and other authorities for approval;
- Monitoring the operating environment and financial results of the Authority and taking any necessary corrective action;
- Supervising management of employees and maintain harmony and integrity within the organisation;
- Taking measures which will contribute to value addition and sustainability of the authority.
- At least ten (10) years’ experience at senior management level
in one or more of the field of management, ports operations,
law, economics, finance, science or engineering.
- Proven leadership and managerial skills with ability to handle
multi-functional teams and projects with highest integrity to
enhance performance and manage change.
- An ability to illustrate and encourage creativity and innovative
ideas, effective problem solving, excellent communication and
timely decision making skills.
- Registration to a professional body recognised by the
Government of Tanzania.
- A Masters degree or a professional qualification in a financial,
project management, technical business related field will be an
- Knowledge of and experience of maritime sector will be an
- TPA is re-establishing itself as a Master in efficient port services. We strongly encourage competent, action-orientated and committed Tanzanians to apply for these key leadership positions.
- Send your application, detailed curriculum vitae, photocopy of academic certificates, and names and contact details of three referees as well as your passport size photograph to the address indicated below.
- Submission should be in both Soft and Hard Copies. Soft copies should be submitted by filling in a form through the website at www.tanzaniaports.com while hard copies should be submitted through the postal address indicated below.
- Chairman of Board of Directors,Head Office, Tanzania Ports Authority,P. O. Box 9184, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
- Applications should be submitted no later than 15th May, 2013. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.